Can RAS transform shrimp farming? with George Chamberlain from The Center for Responsible Seafood
October 30, 2023 By Jean Ko Din
This episode was recorded about a month after The Center for Responsible Seafood (TCRS) hosted its inaugural Shrimp Summit (July 24-26, 2023) at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. TCRS President George Chamberlain shares his reflections on the global shrimp industry and how recirculating aquaculture technology can play a role in its future. He hints at some new innovations that could transform RAS shrimp production.
- Shrimp Summit 2023 recordings are available here. Brian Vinci’s presentation on “Growout Intensification” can be found near the bottom of the list.
- “Shrimp Summit takes deep dive into industry challenges” (Hatchery International, July 27, 2023)
- TCRS YouTube channel (TCRS podcast episodes can also be found here.)
- RAS Talk: Grow sustainable U.S. shrimp with Steve Sutton of TransparentSea
- RAS Talk: What’s the deal with Shrimp RAS? with Patrick Wood, global consultant on shrimp production
Print this page