Building Ukrainian RAS with Lubomir Haidamaka of Vismar Aqua
June 6, 2022 By Jean Ko Din
Vismar Aqua is a Ukrainian RAS design firm that built the largest RAS shrimp farm in Europe, Merman’s House. When Russia’s invasion forced the farm to close after only four months in operation, the company decided to donate its first batches of shrimp to the Ukrainian army. Founder and chief technology officer, Lubomir Haidamaka, sits down with co-hosts, Jean Ko Din and Brian Vinci, to share his story from his office in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- “Russia’s invasion forces Europe’s largest shrimp farm to close after just four months of operation” (Intrafish, April 12, 2022)
- Merman’s House Facebook Page
- Brian’s RAS Talk episode picks:
- Made in Maine with Erik Heim, Nordic Aquafarms
- Let’s get technical with Marc Sorensen, Sorensen Engineering Ltd.
- What’s the deal with shrimp RAS? with Patrick Wood, global consultant and expert on shrimp production technology
- Should we touch base with previous guests? Email me ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print this page
Stories continue below