World Trout Culture Summit 2023: RAS Technology
A live panel recording from the World Trout Culture Summit 2023
November 16, 2023 By Jean Ko Din
Hatchery International hosted its first World Trout Culture Summit on Oct. 18, 2023. The virtual event gathered experts across the aquaculture industry to talk about environmentally sustainable trout culture and production. In this special episode of RAS Talk, we share the live recording from a panel of trout RAS experts to talk about the benefits and challenges of recirculating systems, from restocking rainbow and brown trout to commercial farms growing trending species like Steelhead. What is this technology’s future role and potential for trout in both enhancement fisheries and aquaculture?
The panel was moderated by David Kuhn, associate professor at Virginia Tech.
- Craig Copeland, fish culture manager at the Alberta Ministry of Environment & Parks
- John Holder, co-founder & director of technology at Gold River Aquafarms
- Thorsten N. Vammen, general manager of FREA Solutions
- World Trout Culture Summit 2023 extras from the live RAS Technology panel
- RAS Virtual Summit 2022 recordings
- RAS Investors’ Forum 2021 recordings
- RASTECH 2024 Conference and Trade Fair at Charlotte, NC, USA on June 5 & 6, 2024
- Send me your podcast thoughts and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Print this page